The Conference will be held at the Sultan Qaboos University for 3 days. The following activities are being planned:
- Pre- and post conference field excursions will be organized.
- Poster Presentations: A subordinate number of topics will be selected for presentation in poster format.
- Oral Presentations: The contributing participants will orally present their research in a diverse range of thematic sessions.
Key note addresses: A few exceptionally qualified speakers will summarize recent developments in the geological understanding of ophiolite.
**All meals will be provided on site by a catering company or local resturants.
1) Igneous and metamorphic processes during formation and evolution of oceanic crust at spreading ridges
Excursion Guide: Peter Kelemen, Juergen Koepke and Damon Teagle
One day, Coast: 50 OR, 11th January 2020.
2) Accretion of the lower crust and initiation of hydrothermal cooling; locations are Samra, Wadi Wariyah, Wadi Gideah
Excursion Guide: Juergen Koepke.
One day, Coast: 50 OR, 15th January 2020.
3) Carbon mineralization and serpentinization in the Samail ophiolite
Excursion Guide: Marguerite Godard, Peter Kelemen, Jürg Matter.
Two day, Coast: 100 OR+ accommodation 15th -16th January 2020.
4) The Northern Oman ophiolite : Oceanic crustal succession, ocean ridge segmentation,
hydrothermal system and igneous history of the Oman ophiolite
Excursion Guide: Eiichi Tazazawa, Shoji Arai, Sumio Miyashita,Susumu Umino.
2 days, Coast: 100 OR + accommodations, 15-16th January 2020.
5) Wadi Abiad Moho –Nakhal Massif and chromite ores
Excursion Guide: Sobhi Nasir, Mohamed Al Kindi and Salah Khirbash
One day, Coast: 50 OR, 11th January 2020
6) Maqsad area of the Oman ophiolite -:Deep-seated tectonic,
magmatic and hydrothermal processes in a mantle diapir and in the lower oceanic crust:
Excursion Guide: Georges Ceuleneer.
one day, Coast: 50 OR, 15th January 2018.